Electronic commerce or e-commerce is a term for any type of business, or commercial transaction, that involves the transfer of information across the Internet. It covers a range of different types of businesses, from consumer based retail sites, through auction or music sites, to business exchanges trading goods and services between corporations. It is currently one of the most important aspects of the Internet to emerge.
E-commerce allows consumers to electronically exchange goods and services with no barriers of time or distance. Electronic commerce has expanded rapidly over the past five years and is predicted to continue at this rate, or even accelerate. In the near future the boundaries between “conventional” and “electronic” commerce will become increasingly blurred as more and more businesses move sections of their operations onto the Internet.
BENEFITS OF E-COMMERCE
- IMMEDIACY – No Going to the shops or waiting in queues.
- PRICE – Goods bought online tend to be cheaper.
- CHOICE – the range of goods available is vast and “compare sites” are available that let you compare goods from many retailers it is easy to find what you want.
- 24 HOUR AVAILABILITY – The shop never closes.
- SPEED – You will locate what you want more quickly.
- GLOBAL MARKETS – Neither you are the vendor are restricted to you/their locality.
- INTERACTIVITY – Get immediate feedback on prices, features etc.
- LESS Paperwork – Always a good thing!
If you are an online retailer, your shop will be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week…
But attracting business in this very competitive environment can be tough. Having a well laid out, clear and visually pleasing site is essential for captivating prospective customers and our easy to navigate platforms will retain them on your site so they are more likely to make a purchase. We Can Build Your Business | Small Business Support Manchester